Director / Senior Director of Chemistry Service Unit
This position is based in Tianjin, China, reporting to VP of Chemistry at WuXi AppTec.
- Provide inputs and update to senior management about progress of scientific projects, communicate with clients;
- Plan and supervise a team of PhD, MS and BS chemists' daily activities;
- Provide scientific guidance and troubleshooting to chemists for technical difficulties;
- Write progress reports for clients and senior management;
- Help BD team to explore potential business;
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry with at least 8 years of technical and managerial experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Significant project leadership experience, demonstrated ability in chemistry problem solving, synthetic route designing and project implementation
- Solid track record of scientific publications in international reputable journals
- Demonstrated managerial experienced in managing a large scientific team including PhD scientists.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, both in English and Chinese
- The incumbent will be required to focus on multiple issues at one time, and must have the ability to organize and direct diverse activities in a changing environment, often under time pressure.
- With a mature, self-confident and well-balanced personality, it is essential that the candidate also possess a high standard of ethical and intellectual integrity
- Previous experience in CRO, core facility and biotech/pharma settings would be a plus
Any applications,pls contact:email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org