Senior Purchasing Specialist
WuXi AppTec has created an opportunity for a results-driven & strategic-guided Sr. Purchasing Specialist. This role will encompass both domestic & international (China) buying experience. This team member will manage an uninterrupted supply of materials and services, implementing strategies designed to offset inflation, globalize our supply chain, and improve our bottom line. We do this through supply and demand analysis, strategic negotiations, market and industry analysis and category strategies. Working in Sourcing, you will have the opportunity to holistically manage a reliable and cost effective global supply chain strategy designed to deliver high quality biological reagents, chemicals, consumables, equipment’s, accessories, instruments and services to manufacturing and business operations. Collaboration with cross-functional partners such as Development, Manufacturing, Logistics, and Quality & Regulatory Operations is integral to your success as a Sourcing professional.
- Manage all aspects of the strategic sourcing & buying process.
- Own all aspects of supplier relationship and supplier development from industry analysis, Rfx creation, negotiations, contracting, implementation and on-going supplier management.
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives; play an active role in process and systems improvement within sourcing.
- Drive collaboration with suppliers and internal customers.
- Responsibility for development, and upon management approval, dissemination of information regarding spend, markets/industry developments.
- Exhibit expert project management skills representing world-wide sourcing interests on cross functional and global project teams.
Position specific roles & responsibilities:
- Manage sourcing & buying, both domestically & internationally for biological reagents, chemicals, consumables, equipment/instruments & services
- Update & maintain LLC Entity in Great Plains & JDE
- Heavy emphasis on world-class service to our end-users and clients (Manufacturing, Logistics, Quality & Regulatory Operations)
- Maintain regulatory compliance with all purchases (obtaining permits/COA’s, MSDS & TSE/BSE)
- Serve & assist all domestic & international buyers
- Negotiate strategically to lower overall costs
- Track monthly KPI’s and report results on bi-monthly basis
- College degree or equivalent experience, with 5+ years purchasing experience.
To apply please click on this link:https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=9980311