Associate Scientist I (US-NJ-Plainsboro)
Xenobiotic Laboratories (XBL), a subsidiary of the Lab Testing Division of WuXi AppTec, Inc., is a leading contract research laboratory specializing in small molecule Bioanalytical, drug metabolism, and pharmacokinetic services to the pharmaceutical, animal health and agrochemical industries. XBL is seeking to fill Associate Scientist 1/II temporary positions in our Bioanalytical Department.
- Under regular close supervision, individual performs routine laboratory techniques.
- Receives specific instructions on assigned task and expected results.
- Ability to perform lab work independently after training.
- Maintains research notebooks in a well-organized manner. All necessary documentation is recorded.
- Complies with all safety rules, practices good housekeeping, and maintains safe workplace without supervision.
- Thorough understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and EPA, FDA, or other regulation pertaining to the study.
- Performs routine calculations, tabulates, and records results.
- Prepares standard solutions used in the laboratory.
- Maintains and calibrates laboratory equipment.
- Assumes responsibility for technical accuracy of work.
- Proficiency in cell culture work. Experience with ELISA/MSD preferred. Learns, and enhances technical knowledge of bioanalytical and biological assays, such as ligand binding and cell based assays, immunogenicity, bioanalysis, etc.
- Other duties as assigned including preparing study files for archiving and scanning notebooks, raw data and report QC, and participate in the reconciliation of study samples
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or a related discipline
- 0-5 years of relevant experience, or equivalent
- Any similar combination of education and experience
- Ability to follow instruction to perform required procedures
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within biological or chemical R&D laboratory setting
- Well organized, detail oriented, and adaptable to changes
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Computer skills: knowledge of internet research, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, etc. Ability to learn instrument software, such as MSD Discovery WorkbenchTM Software, SoftMax® Pro GxP, 7500 PCR, etc.
- Good time management skill in order to perform of multiple projects within deadlines
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Familiarity with and adherence to regulatory guidelines consistent with WuXi/XBL requirements