Director Business Development for API Development/Manufacturing (Based in US)
Position works closely with STA’s senior management team in China as well as BD and Marketing team in US to develop and execute the most effective strategy to increase API and intermediate sales in North America market.
This position manages sites for key accounts in their area of geographic responsibility and is alos responsible for business development for small to mid-sizes accounts. This position is responsible for working with key account managers (KAMs) in other businesses to share data and manage a consistent face of Wuxi to the key account. The position will have responsibility for API and intermediate sales in his/her geography. It is the responsibility of this position to grow revenue and build relationships in his/her geography.
The person is responsible for creating and sustaining a steady pipeline of business to ensure increasing year to year revenue growth. One growth area this position will be involved in is to develop a strategy to penetrate in the specialty generic API market.
This position works collaboratively with other BU team members, such as Project Management, Business Development, Marketing, Field Support, Technical Groups and Operations to assure objectives and goals are achieved.
- Develop plans and programs for key account sites in his/her geography to gain market share in existing businesses, cross sell process development and commercial manufacturing services and increase site penetration of all key accounts.
- Develop strategies and tactics to gain new business in small to midsize accounts
- Achieve sales revenue targets for key accounts and new accounts.
- Record activities and progress of key account efforts. Follow-up on BD activities.
- Work closely with business units, project management team and marketing to ensure coordination of efforts and ensure good communication with all parties. Help set up BU visits and stay involved when customers visit China.
- Collects and utilizes various data sources provide competitive intelligence, tracking and analysis of the competitive landscape in assigned segment.
- Helps identify pull through services which should be emphasized and/or developed.
- BA/BS in Life Science, Business, Marketing or related Technical degree, or equivalent training and/or experience. Preference to Life Sciences degrees in chemistry area.
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) or Masters (MS) in Life Sciences nice to have but not required
- 5-10 years of relevant industry experience in chemical or pharmaceutical development and/or manufacturing. Experience in CRO, CMO or generic API manufacturing is preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years of sales, project management and/or business development experience. Must have a proven track record of success meeting or exceeded goals/targets. Experience successfully navigating large matrixes organizations. Experience developing new accounts through various prospecting tactics.
- Experience selling products/services that typically require longer sales cycles (9 – 24 months). Strong knowledge of selling skills and selling strategies.
- Must be a self starter, self-motivated, highly flexible, with excellent communications skills (verbal, written, and presentation skills). Must be organized and detailed-oriented.
- Proven experience in creating successful business development plans and processes. Marketing experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to create or modify presentations or other collateral as needed. Strong skills with MS Office Products, MS PowerPoint and Excel are required.
- Experience using a mix of communication methods with customers and prospects (in person visits, email, presentation, webinar, etc.).
- Experience selling to various levels of personnel within an organization (Senior Vice President, Vice President, senior technical employees, procurement professionals, etc.).
- The ability to use sound judgment and critical thinking skills and required based on the complexity of the situation.
- Signing and compliance with the company’s Confidentiality and Non-Competition Agreement is a condition of employment.
- Must be willing to travel a minimum of 50% of the time on an annualized basis within and outside of assigned geographic region.
- This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.
- Strong professional references, including supervisory references, stellar reputation in the industry, documentation of past sales success and compensation related to sales achievement.