Business Development Manager, DMPK/Bioanalysis, East Coast
- Responsible for finding new clients and business opportunities leading to increasing revenue for early ADME, drug metabolism, pharmacokinetics (DMPK) and GLP bioanalysis functional units.
- Report to Heads of DMPK and GLP Bioanalysis departments.
- Focus on mid- and small-sized pharmaceutical and/or biotech clients on the East Coast.
- Effectively communicate with clients on capabilities of WuXi AppTec’s DMPK/Bioanalysis services.
- Follows up on quotations for purposes of both gathering client feedback and expediting client decisions.
- Assist department head in developing BD strategies as needed.
- Minimum of BA/BS, preferably MS, in pharmaceutical sciences or life sciences plus 5 or more years of relevant sales or business development experience is required.
- Extensive knowledge of drug discovery, particularly DMPK or bioanalytical processes, is required.
- Ability to receive and comprehend and to effectively communicate detailed scientific and business information through verbal and written communication is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Understanding and familiarity of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Prefer for the incumbent to reside within the Greater Boston or the tri-State (NY, NJ and PA) area.