Associate Project Manager
The incumbent will lead the orderly progression of projects from the proposal stage through project completion by interacting with the client, technical staff and business development staff. Advocates for the client within WuXi AppTec and with subcontractors.
- Manages Projects of limited scope within functional reporting structure
- Manages the orderly progression of projects from the proposal stage through project completion by interacting with the client, technical staff and business development staff.
- Keeps clients updated in a timely manner regarding progress of project, decision points, and events through teleconferences, e-mails, site visits or other suitable means.
- Maintains project documentation - communications, schedules, sample submission paperwork, meeting minutes, etc.
- Informs internal resources of project updates / timely communications
- Some Custom Quote and Proposal Development with assistance of Technical Team and Business Development
- Logs in Projects into OTS and maintains correct pricing as per the executed contract
- Ensures that testing is performed as per executed contract and brings all scope changes to the attention of management.
- Invoices Projects as per the executed contract
- Works with some supervision
- BS degree with major in Biological Sciences or equivalent training is required.
- Excellent organizational skills are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel is required.
- Ability to accurately and reproducibly perform arithmetic calculations including fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to handle problems of a more difficult nature.
- Ability to receive and comprehend and to effectively communicate detailed information through verbal and written communication.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in fast paced work environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to exhibit effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build rapport with internal co-workers and clients in such a way as to maximize quality of client service.